I have a wind of the news of the to be released Flagship Flashgun from Nissin, specially made for Nikon users. The All new Nissin Di866. At around 300USD and maybe adjusted lower in the future this is a to be waited on Flashgun from Nissin.
The Di866 Professional Speedlight features an external auto-exposure sensor with eight f-stops from f/2 to f/22 with compensation potential. It has additional features specially designed for professional dSLR users. The recycling time is around 3.5s and supposed to offer up to 150 full-power flashes per set of batteries.
The flash is supposed to synchronize to sync speeds higher than 1/250s. Additional features of a fill in sub-flash, activated by the main flash while bounced. It has self-changeable TTL light level feature and can be allegedly fired wireless by Nikon DSLR’s cameras. Nissin Di866 firmware can be updated via a built-in USB port, finally a flash with a USB port.
- Exclusive for Nikon Digital SLR’s Cameras
- The Di866 Professional Speedlight features an external auto-exposure sensor with eight f-stops from f/2 to f/22 with compensation potential
- Self changeable TTL light production level feature and can be fired by wireless means from Nikon DSLR’s cameras
- The unit is designed for use with DSLRs and boasts many features particularly designed for professional and advanced photographers
- It has recycling time of 3.5s and be able to offer up to 150 full-power flashes per set of batteries.
- It features a fill in sub-flash, which is activated while the main flash is bounced
- The flash synchronizes to high board up speeds of above 1/250s
- Its firmware can be updated via an incorporated USB port
|| – Main flash 60(ISO 100, m) or 84(ISO 200, m) at 105mm lens angle coverage
– Sub flash 12(ISO 100, m) or 17(ISO 200, m) for 35mm lens angle coverage
|| Nikon digital SLR cameras and Coolpix hotshoe cameras
| Power Source
|| – Battery magazine – 4 x LR6, (Lithium, NiMH and Oxiride are usable)
– Power Pack – Nissin Power Pack Pro 300 (NiMH exclusive battery cluster)
| Recycling time
|| – 3.5 sec. by Battery Magazine with 4 x NiMH
– 0.5 sec. by Nissin Power Pack Pro 300
| Number of flashes
|| – 150 full power flashes per set of NiMH batteries
– 300 full power flashes by Nissin Power Pack Pro 300
| Camera Synch.
|| – TTL hotshoe (on camera flash)
– PC cord service connector (off camera flash)
– Wireless TTL, and Slave synchronization (off camera flash)